Turn the Page is an incorporated youth operated non-profit organization devoted to engaging Canadian youth in the support of education amongst developing nations. Founded in 2010, we are a diverse team of young, passionate volunteers who are committed to making supporting third world education an entire community effort. We are determined to inspire and motivate youth to make positive differences in their local and global communities by connecting them to resources and tools, opportunities to support education, and other passionate youth. By bringing together students, schools, and community groups, we are working together to relieve poverty through education.
As an organization, we aspire to
- Raise awareness among Canadian youth of the issue of global poverty and the role education plays in relieving it;
- Encourage the youth of York Region to support education in impoverished communities through youth-led initiatives and action plans;
- Act as a connection between non-profit organizations, youth councils, and the York Region youth population;
- Inspire youth to take action and to make a difference in their community through volunteerism and organization;
- Develop a generation of globally conscious youth; and
- Better the lives of impoverished youth through education.